【wait on line】weird question about svnsync

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

【wait on line】weird question about svnsync

Dummy
dear subversion:
I have a weird question about svnsync:
i svnsync gzrepos(centos 6.4-svn1.6.11) to gz-mirror1(centos 7-svn1.9.5),
when it was done successfully, i found that the mirror repo(gz-mirror1) is more less than source repo(gzrepos) in sizes ,the source repo(gzrepos) is 177G while the mirror one(gz-mirror1)  is only 66G
for example: revision:2012,it seems to be compressed
svnsync logs:

however, the mirror repo(gz-mirror1)  seems OK, we can access,checkout,show log etc.
i heard that subversion 1.9.5 has Optimized data format,but the gap is too large。
I'm a little worried about the data,may i ask why?
best wish
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: svnsync size differences

Andreas Stieger
 
> i svnsync gzrepos(centos 6.4-svn1.6.11) to gz-mirror1(centos 7-svn1.9.5),
> [...]
> mirror repo(gz-mirror1) is more less than source repo(gzrepos) in sizes
> the source repo(gzrepos) is 177G while the mirror one(gz-mirror1)  is only 66G
> for example: revision:2012,it seems to be compressed

Possible reasons for differences in on-disk repository size:

* Target may use deduplication and intra-revision deduplication. (good)
* The user that performs the read part does not have complete repository read access
  Depending on what you are trying to do, this may be bad (as the sync is incomplete.

Andreas
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 【wait on line】weird question about svnsync

Nico Kadel-Garcia-2
In reply to this post by Dummy
Better deduplicaton? And did you exclude old branches with bulky binaries in them?

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Dummy <[hidden email]> wrote:
dear subversion:
I have a weird question about svnsync:
i svnsync gzrepos(centos 6.4-svn1.6.11) to gz-mirror1(centos 7-svn1.9.5),
when it was done successfully, i found that the mirror repo(gz-mirror1) is more less than source repo(gzrepos) in sizes ,the source repo(gzrepos) is 177G while the mirror one(gz-mirror1)  is only 66G
for example: revision:2012,it seems to be compressed
svnsync logs:

however, the mirror repo(gz-mirror1)  seems OK, we can access,checkout,show log etc.
i heard that subversion 1.9.5 has Optimized data format,but the gap is too large。
I'm a little worried about the data,may i ask why?
best wish

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 【wait on line】weird question about svnsync

Eric Johnson-35
This could be for a number of reasons. Perhaps your original repository is an older format? If that's the case, and your mirror is a newer format, then the newer format could be packing and finding binary duplicates much more effectively than is possible using the older format.

Eric.


On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Better deduplicaton? And did you exclude old branches with bulky binaries in them?

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Dummy <[hidden email]> wrote:
dear subversion:
I have a weird question about svnsync:
i svnsync gzrepos(centos 6.4-svn1.6.11) to gz-mirror1(centos 7-svn1.9.5),
when it was done successfully, i found that the mirror repo(gz-mirror1) is more less than source repo(gzrepos) in sizes ,the source repo(gzrepos) is 177G while the mirror one(gz-mirror1)  is only 66G
for example: revision:2012,it seems to be compressed
svnsync logs:

however, the mirror repo(gz-mirror1)  seems OK, we can access,checkout,show log etc.
i heard that subversion 1.9.5 has Optimized data format,but the gap is too large。
I'm a little worried about the data,may i ask why?
best wish


Loading...