svnserve protocol documentation doesn't explain what svndiff2 is

svnserve protocol documentation doesn't explain what svndiff2 is

Marat Radchenko
Aye!

We're implementing svnserve-compatible server and noticed recent addition of
'accepts-svndiff2' capability. However, nothing is docs [1] describes what is
"svndiff2 deltas".

[1]: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/
protocol?revision=1818581&view=markup#l191

Re: svnserve protocol documentation doesn't explain what svndiff2 is

Daniel Shahaf-2
Marat Radchenko wrote on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:03 +0300:
> We're implementing svnserve-compatible server

You're welcome to do so, but be advised that the ra_svn protocol is not
a public API.  (We promise compatibility at the C API level, not at the
wire protocol level.)

> and noticed recent addition of
> 'accepts-svndiff2' capability. However, nothing is docs [1] describes what is
> "svndiff2 deltas".

svndiff2 deltas are compressed with lz4.  They're new in 1.10:

https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10#lz4
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/branches/1.10.x/notes/svndiff