problem of Visual Studio.Net

王瑞陽

Hello :

I am a university student.

I have a school assignment to finish a project (likes a simple version control system).

So I need to study the svn source code at first.

I had read the FAQ and <HACKER'S GUIDE TO SUBVERSION> before posting my question.

But the problem is still confused me.

By the way, I am a rookie in c program language, the work is a great challenge to me.

Following is my problem (my OS is WinXP)

I downloaded subversion-1.2.0-rc4 from official site.

When I tried to open the file “ subversion_msvc ” with visual studio.net.

The dialog said “need to transform the project  __ALL_TESTS___msvc.dsp into Visual C++7.0 project format”.

I clicked the button “yes to all”.

Then the dialog said “unable to import the project , because the project file had destroyed”

Clicked “ok” ,then showed “open project subversion-1.2.0-rc4\apr-util\uri\gen_uri_delims.dsp failed”

And then still show other message like above.

What’s wrong with my operation?

Finally, it’s imported many files from svn source code.

Then, I want to compile the file ”svnadmin/main.c”.

But it showed error “fatal error C1083:unable open include file:’apr.h:No such file or directory’ ” .

What is the message mean?

And what I need to do?

Is visual studio.net a good tool to a rookie?

Is another IDE better to a rookie ?

PS. My English is not good, wish you didn’t bother with my question. ^^

Thanks advance.

Rayon

Re: problem of Visual Studio.Net

Norbert Unterberg
??? schrieb:

> When I tried to open the file ?? subversion_msvc ?? with visual studio.net.

You could begin with the subversion INSTALL document
<http://http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/1.2.0/INSTALL> section E. Building
the Latest Source under Windows.

Norbert

Re: problem of Visual Studio.Net

kfogel
Hi, please ask questions like this on [hidden email], not
on [hidden email].  The dev@ list is for discussion of the
development of Subversion itself, not for getting help.

No big deal, just letting you know for next time.

Best,
-Karl Fogel

王瑞陽 <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello :
>
> I am a university student.
>
> I have a school assignment to finish a project (likes a simple version
> control system).
>
> So I need to study the svn source code at first.
>
> I had read the FAQ and <HACKER'S GUIDE TO SUBVERSION> before posting my
> question.
>
> But the problem is still confused me.
>
> By the way, I am a rookie in c program language, the work is a great
> challenge to me.
>

> Following is my problem (my OS is WinXP)
>
> I downloaded subversion-1.2.0-rc4 from official site.
>
> When I tried to open the file “ subversion_msvc ” with visual studio.net.
>
> The dialog said “need to transform the project  __ALL_TESTS___msvc.dsp into
> Visual C++7.0 project format”.
>
> I clicked the button “yes to all”.
>
> Then the dialog said “unable to import the project , because the project
> file had destroyed”
>
> Clicked “ok” ,then showed “open project
> subversion-1.2.0-rc4\apr-util\uri\gen_uri_delims.dsp failed”
>
> And then still show other message like above.
>
> What’s wrong with my operation?
>
> Finally, it’s imported many files from svn source code.
>
> Then, I want to compile the file ”svnadmin/main.c”.
>
> But it showed error “fatal error C1083:unable open include file:’apr.h:No
> such file or directory’ ” .
>
> What is the message mean?
>
> And what I need to do?
>
> Is visual studio.net a good tool to a rookie?
>
> Is another IDE better to a rookie ?
>

> PS. My English is not good, wish you didn’t bother with my question. ^^
>
> Thanks advance.
>

> Rayon

Re: problem of Visual Studio.Net

Madan U Sreenivasan
On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 12:36, ??? wrote:
> Hello :
>
> I had read the FAQ and <HACKER'S GUIDE TO SUBVERSION> before posting
> my question.
Pl. read the INSTALL document...
I think your problem is because you have NOT downloaded the apr and
apr-util code...

you could compile subversion code from windows command line....

Pl. refer to 'make-gen.py --help'
and use the devenv commandline to build the project.

Regards,
Madan.