merge two branches

Kamal Ahmed
Hi,

Is it possible to merge :

using svnmerge.py. I could only find info on merging to trunk

Thanks,
-Kamal.

Re: merge two branches

Simon Lucy-2

Kamal Ahmed wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to merge :

using svnmerge.py. I could only find info on merging to trunk
You can merge between any two branches that have been 'initied' when you init svnmerge you do so in the top level directory of the branch you want to merge to.  So if you have two branches one the descendent of the other and you want to merge forward from the parent branch you would init the descendent branch.  If you want to merge changes back to the parent then you would svnmerge init in the parent working copy.

-Kamal.

Re: merge two branches

Kamal Ahmed
Hi Simon,

Here is what i did

mkdir MERGE
cd MERGE
svnmerge.py init

cd ..
Nothing happened

then:

Now,  how do i know if 7.3 was indeed merged ? it happened very fast, so i think nothing happened

Thanks,
-Kamal.

Lucy <[hidden email]>