correct API to get current textual WC modifications, for parsing postprocessing

correct API to get current textual WC modifications, for parsing postprocessing

Jens Frederich
I try to get all line changes in the current changeset. Not sure what the right API is.  I have created a delta tree with the following to see if it is a file and textual modifications. How do I get the content?

  SVN_ERR(svn_fs_revision_root(&base_root, fs, base_rev, pool));
  SVN_ERR(svn_repos_node_editor(&editor, &edit_baton, repos, base_root, root, pool, edit_pool)));
  SVN_ERR(svn_repos_replay2(root, "", SVN_INVALID_REVNUM, TRUE, editor, edit_baton, NULL, NULL, edit_pool));
  *tree = svn_repos_node_from_baton(edit_baton);

Jens

Re: correct API to get current textual WC modifications, for parsing postprocessing

Branko Čibej
On 30.09.2019 22:20, Jens Frederich wrote:
I try to get all line changes in the current changeset. Not sure what the right API is.  I have created a delta tree with the following to see if it is a file and textual modifications. How do I get the content?

  SVN_ERR(svn_fs_revision_root(&base_root, fs, base_rev, pool));
  SVN_ERR(svn_repos_node_editor(&editor, &edit_baton, repos, base_root, root, pool, edit_pool)));
  SVN_ERR(svn_repos_replay2(root, "", SVN_INVALID_REVNUM, TRUE, editor, edit_baton, NULL, NULL, edit_pool));
  *tree = svn_repos_node_from_baton(edit_baton);

You should be looking at the svn_client API, specifically, one of the svn_client_diff variants. The functions you mentioned above are reading data from the repository, not from the working copy.

-- Brane