a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

钱海远(Nathan)

Dear Sir,

 

During I am testing the -include' and '-exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'  ,  I found that if I copy a non-include file, the  dump result is to add a file with file content; But if the copy is a non-include directory, the dump only adds this directory.

 

I think, this may be wrong, it should be copy of the directory and all the files under the directory .

 

[root@RD-230 subversion]# svnadmin dump /data1/svnroot/Dev --incremental -r 13386 --include "/CM Action/Tools" > /tmp/test.dmp

 

已转存版本 13386

[root@RD-230 subversion]# cat /tmp/test.dmp

SVN-fs-dump-format-version: 2UUID: 313b818e-f7ce-944b-8d5d-4aca2895b6b9

 

Revision-number: 13386

Prop-content-length: 89

Content-length: 89

 

K 10

svn:author

V 11

qianhaiyuan

K 8

svn:date

V 27

2018-07-04T04:18:48.877124Z

PROPS-END

 

Node-path: CM Action/Tools/diffcount

Node-kind: dir

Node-action: add

Prop-content-length: 10

Content-length: 10

 

PROPS-END

 

In fact, the copy directory has many files. But the dump file is only add a new dir.

 

Best Regards!

Haiyuan Qian

R & D Management Group

Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co.,Ltd

No.555 Qianmo Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China

T (86571)8807599820081

M (86)18969199712

 

本邮件及其附件含有海康威视公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HIKVISION, which is intended only for  the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other  than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

 

 

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This electronic message is intended to be viewed only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without our prior permission. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and any copies of it from your computer system. For further information about Hikvision company. please see our website at www.hikvision.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM 钱海远(Nathan) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Sir,

 

During I am testing the -include' and '-exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'  ,  I found that if I copy a non-include file, the  dump result is to add a file with file content; But if the copy is a non-include directory, the dump only adds this directory.

 

I think, this may be wrong, it should be copy of the directory and all the files under the directory .

 

[root@RD-230 subversion]# svnadmin dump /data1/svnroot/Dev --incremental -r 13386 --include "/CM Action/Tools" > /tmp/test.dmp

 

已转存版本 13386

[root@RD-230 subversion]# cat /tmp/test.dmp

SVN-fs-dump-format-version: 2UUID: 313b818e-f7ce-944b-8d5d-4aca2895b6b9

 

Revision-number: 13386

Prop-content-length: 89

Content-length: 89

 

K 10

svn:author

V 11

qianhaiyuan

K 8

svn:date

V 27

2018-07-04T04:18:48.877124Z

PROPS-END

 

Node-path: CM Action/Tools/diffcount

Node-kind: dir

Node-action: add

Prop-content-length: 10

Content-length: 10

 

PROPS-END

 

In fact, the copy directory has many files. But the dump file is only add a new dir.

 



Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reporting this.
I see you had previously filed an issue about this in our issue tracker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4760 (a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump')
(and added this in comment to the "feature request issue" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4729 (Add '--include' and '--exclude' options to 'svnadmin dump'))

And you were directed here to discuss the issue.

This does indeed look like a bug / shortcoming of the current "dump with include/exclude".

I hope someone with expertise in this area of funtionality might be able to comment here.

--
Johan

image001.png (12K) Download Attachment
image001.png (12K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

Julian Foad-5
Johan Corveleyn wrote on 2018-10-16:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM 钱海远(Nathan) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> During I am testing the -include' and '-exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'  ,  I found
>> that if I copy a non-include file, the  dump result is to add a file with file content;
>> But if the copy is a non-include directory, the dump only adds this directory.
>> I think, this may be wrong, it should be copy of the directory and all the files under the
>> directory .
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4760 [...]
>
> This does indeed look like a bug / shortcoming of the current "dump with include/exclude".

Nobody responded so far. On the Subversion dev@ mailing list I have now forwarded this bug report to the original developer of the feature.

If anyone else is available to help with testing, debugging or fixing this, that would be wonderful. For example, the first thing needed is to extend the included tests to cover this case. Please come to "dev@" if you can help.

- Julian
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

答复: a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

钱海远(Nathan)
I can help you to test it.


Best Regards!
Haiyuan Qian
R & D Management Group
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co.,Ltd
No.555 Qianmo Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China
T (86571)88075998-20081
M (86)18969199712

本邮件及其附件含有海康威视公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HIKVISION, which is intended only for  the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other  than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Julian Foad [mailto:[hidden email]]
发送时间: 2018年11月30日 18:06
收件人: 钱海远(Nathan)
抄送: Subversion; Johan Corveleyn
主题: Re: a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

Johan Corveleyn wrote on 2018-10-16:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM 钱海远(Nathan) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> During I am testing the -include' and '-exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'  ,  I found
>> that if I copy a non-include file, the  dump result is to add a file with file content;
>> But if the copy is a non-include directory, the dump only adds this directory.
>> I think, this may be wrong, it should be copy of the directory and all the files under the
>> directory .
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4760 [...]
>
> This does indeed look like a bug / shortcoming of the current "dump with include/exclude".

Nobody responded so far. On the Subversion dev@ mailing list I have now forwarded this bug report to the original developer of the feature.

If anyone else is available to help with testing, debugging or fixing this, that would be wonderful. For example, the first thing needed is to extend the included tests to cover this case. Please come to "dev@" if you can help.

- Julian

________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This electronic message is intended to be viewed only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without our prior permission. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and any copies of it from your computer system. For further information about Hikvision company. please see our website at www.hikvision.com<http://www.hikvision.com>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 答复: a issue of --include' and '--exclude' options on 'svnadmin dump'

Julian Foad-5
钱海远(Nathan) wrote on 2018-12-03:
> I can help you to test it.

Thank you. Can you help write the regression test for it, by extending the existing test?

- Julian


> >> if I copy a non-include file, the  dump result is to add a file with file content;
> >> But if the copy is a non-include directory, the dump only adds this directory.
> >> I think, this may be wrong, it should be copy of the directory and all the files under the
> >> directory .
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4760 [...]
>
> If anyone else is available to help with testing, debugging or fixing
> this, that would be wonderful. For example, the first thing needed is to
> extend the included tests to cover this case. Please come to "dev@" if
> you can help.


--
- Julian