Validate a repository URL

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Hello,

Is there any way to validate and verify a URL repository?

Manuel Recena Soto
* manuelrecena.com [/blog]
* linkedin.com/in/recena

AW: Validate a repository URL

Stadelmann Josef
Do you like to verify/validate the syntax (the writing) of a URL in a repo,
or
do you like to verify the network based reach-ability of a given URL in a URL repo?

Sepp

Is there any way to validate and verify a URL repository?

Manuel Recena Soto
* manuelrecena.com [/blog]
* linkedin.com/in/recena

Re: Validate a repository URL

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Hello,

Thanks in advance for your quick reply.

I'm interesting specially on the second use case. Given a credentials
and repository URL, check if are valid.

--
Manuel Recena Soto
* manuelrecena.com [/blog]
* linkedin.com/in/recena

Re: Validate a repository URL

Dmitry Pavlenko-2
Hello Manuel,
In this case have a look at SVNRepository#testConnection method.

SVNRepository svnRepository = ...;
svnRepository.setAuthenticationManager(yourCredentials);
try {
        svnRepository.testConnection();
} catch (SVNException e) {
        //check here exception error code
} finally {
        svnRepository.closeSession();
}

You can use BasicAuthenticationManager as yourCredentials, if you have only username and password.

You can also have a look at SVNRepository#checkPath method.
--
Dmitry Pavlenko,
TMate Software,

> Hello,
>
> Thanks in advance for your quick reply.
>
> I'm interesting specially on the second use case. Given a credentials
> and repository URL, check if are valid.
>
> Regards,

> <[hidden email]>:
> > Do you like to verify/validate the syntax (the writing) of a URL in a
> > repo, or
> > do you like to verify the network based reach-ability of a given URL in a
> > URL repo?
> >
> > Sepp

Hello Dmitry,

Thanks so much. I'll work with this information.

--
Manuel Recena Soto
* manuelrecena.com [/blog]