Updated documentation

Blake McBride
Greetings,

I am a long time user and lover of svn.  It seems like the main documentation for SVN is for version 1.7 yet svn is now at 1.14.  Since the version hasn't gotten to 2.x, I presume that the changes are not overly significant.  So, is there better documentation, or are there plans to update the red-bean version?

Thanks!

Blake McBride

Re: Updated documentation

Stefan Sperling
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 02:13:26PM -0500, Blake McBride wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am a long time user and lover of svn.  It seems like the main
> documentation for SVN is for version 1.7 yet svn is now at 1.14.  Since the
> version hasn't gotten to 2.x, I presume that the changes are not overly
> significant.  So, is there better documentation, or are there plans to
> update the red-bean version?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Blake McBride

Hi Blake,

The best source of information about what changed since 1.7 are
release notes: https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/

It would be great if the book were expanded to reflect changes that
appeared after 1.7. Contributions to the book are welcome. See the
section "Feeback/Contributing" on http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Updated documentation

Blake McBride
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Although I'd be happy to update the docs, truth is, I'm not qualified.  I find I am often required to use GIT although I have a very strong preference for SVN.  Not having any current documentation makes my arguments for subversion weaker.

Might I suggest a community, coordinated, and managed effort to update the docs?

Thanks.

Blake McBride