Summer of Code idea

Oleg G. Abrosimov
std::cout << "Hello world!" <<

I'm a PhD student and I want to participate to the Google's Summer of
Code project [http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html] with Subversion
project as a "*mentoring organization*".
I've looked at your page of tasks
[http://subversion.tigris.org/project_tasks.html] and found a task named
"Improved Bindings to Other Languages". My favorite language is C++, so
my interest was - "Does the project already has a good C++ API?" I've
found that the official SVN C++ API is Rapid SVN C++ API. It was really
disappointing because it is not C++ at all. It looks like a wild mixture
of Java&C.
Concluding, my idea for the "Summer of Code" project is a development of
good C++ wrapper API for SVN.
In my vision it will have more clever architecture from OOP and Generic
programming stand of view. Now it is a little number of classes with a
tremendous number of unrelated functions. One more practical point that
I see right now is that it will use boost::path instead of home made
svn::Path stuff.
Is it important enough to be supported?

Best,
Oleg Abrosimov.

<< std::endl;

Re: Summer of Code idea: improve C++ bindings

Julian Foad
(I'm just changing the Subject line to be more precise.)