Subversion Web Management/Self-service Site

Subversion Web Management/Self-service Site

Shane Brodie

Good afternoon:

This may not pertain directly to Subversion itself, but it is relevant to user self-service for some features of Subversion server installations.

My question is: Is there a web-site based management application which allows the following features?

-          User password changes for Subversion access

-          User access: read/write

-          Management of users/groups

-          Repository creation/removal

I have done a significant amount of searching over the last week looking for same.  In almost every case, the projects I found were: dead (no development for 5+ years); used outdated web environments (php5); undocumented; or overly complicated (required mail services, ldap, etc.)

Looking for something simple, up-to-date, hopefully supported directly by Apache Subversion team.

Regards

Shane G. Brodie

Application Programmer

Re: Subversion Web Management/Self-service Site

Mark Phippard-3

SVN Edge offers all of this.   https://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion

 I have done a significant amount of searching over the last week looking for same.  In almost every case, the projects I found were: dead (no development for 5+ years);

It is not dead, but I would not call it highly active either. I do not expect to add any major new features in the future.  We are also intentionally keeping it on SVN 1.8.x though I do expect to move it to 1.10.x at some point and then stay there until the next LTS release.

used outdated web environments (php5); undocumented;

It requires Java8 for the management console web app.  It is a Grails app, which is somewhat outdated.  It is documented and you can purchase support if you want it.

or overly complicated (required mail services, ldap, etc.)

These are optional, not required.  I am not sure if SVN Edge was the product you were referring to here, but this may have been true for other products you looked at as well so might be worth another look.

Shane Brodie wrote on Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:18 -0600:
> My question is: Is there a web-site based management application which
> allows the following features?
>
> -          User password changes for Subversion access
> -          User access: read/write
> -          Management of users/groups
> -          Repository creation/removal

> Looking for something simple, up-to-date, hopefully supported directly
> by Apache Subversion team.

The Subversion team does not release _any_ web-based application other
than the file browser built into mod_dav_svn (I mean, the code behind
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf).  There are some third-party applications
whose teams intersect with the Subversion development team, of course.