Subversion 1.12 release management -- a volunteer needed

Subversion 1.12 release management -- a volunteer needed

Julian Foad-5
Subversion 1.12 is due out in April. I'm going to be unavailable around the end of March to end of April.

I'll get the release process started, so we're ready with a release candidate near the beginning of March.

Could someone else do the final stages of the release management in April?

Subversion 1.12 release preparation

Julian Foad-5
It's March now; Subversion 1.12 is due out in April. To give us the standard 4 weeks to stabilize, it's now time to make a branch and a release candidate and do all the usual updates associated with release management.

I'll get started.

If there's anything I ought to take into account, do speak up.

Julian Foad wrote on 2019-02-07:
> [...] I'm going to be unavailable around the end of March to end of April. [...]
>
> Could someone else do the final stages of the release management in April?

It would be nice to have a back-up for that. I might end up having some availability then, but I just don't know in advance.

Re: Subversion 1.12 release preparation

Branko Čibej
On 01.03.2019 15:27, Julian Foad wrote:

> It's March now; Subversion 1.12 is due out in April. To give us the standard 4 weeks to stabilize, it's now time to make a branch and a release candidate and do all the usual updates associated with release management.
>
> I'll get started.
>
> If there's anything I ought to take into account, do speak up.
>
> Julian Foad wrote on 2019-02-07:
>> [...] I'm going to be unavailable around the end of March to end of April. [...]
>>
>> Could someone else do the final stages of the release management in April?
> It would be nice to have a back-up for that. I might end up having some availability then, but I just don't know in advance.

I've done releases before, as has stsp. I'm pretty sure one of us could
do the publishing etc.

Which reminds me that I still need to fix SVN-4794 and possibly SVN-4795
for this release.

Branko Čibej wrote:
> I've done releases before, as has stsp. I'm pretty sure one of us could
> do the publishing etc.

Thank you!

Can anyone update the CHANGES file?
http://subversion.a.o.local/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#the-changes-file

I have now created the 1.12.x branch, after a cursory review of API changes and some cosmetic tweaks. I'll roll an RC, either before or after that.

Julian Foad wrote on 2019-03-01:
> Branko Čibej wrote:
> > I've done releases before, as has stsp. I'm pretty sure one of us could
> > do the publishing etc.
>
> Thank you!

As it turns out, I do have enough time to complete the 1.12 release. I'll get the final steps in motion this week.