Repository data migration using svnadmin

Repository data migration using svnadmin

Fei Peng

I am new to subversion admin and planning to migrate our subversion from one server to another one. The current repo used 350GB space and there about 140GB free space at the same location.

Question: svnadmin dump myrepos > dumpfile

Where the dumpfile will be and how much space it may take?

Thanks,

Fei Peng

t: +1 519.620.7232

m: +1 519.497.9917

Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND

www.trustwave.com

RE: Repository data migration using svnadmin

Hiran CHAUDHURI

The command

    svnadmin dump myrepos

will write to stdout, and with "> dumpfile" you are redirecting it into a file.

If space on that machine is scarce, you could run from another machine

    ssh svnserver "svnadmin dump myrepos" >dumpfile

and receive the dumpfile on the another machine.

Many more patterns are possible.

Hiran