Re: --editor-cmd not working with paths with spaces?

Re: --editor-cmd not working with paths with spaces?

Philip Martin
Thorsten Schöning <[hidden email]> writes:

> From my point of view paths with spaces should be supported.

The user controls the spaces, on Linux at least:

  $ svn ci --editor-cmd "/some/path/with\ spaces"

or

  $ svn ci --editor-cmd "'/some/path/with spaces'"

Giving the user control over the meaning of spaces lets the user do
things like:

  $ svn ci --editor-cmd "/some/path --some-arg"

and

  $ svn ci --editor-cmd "VAR=value /some/path"

which would not be possible if all spaces were interpreted as part of
a path.

Philip

RE: --editor-cmd not working with paths with spaces?

Bert Huijben-5

Where is your vi.exe located?

If it is in C:\usr\bin\vi.exe I would recommend using --editor-cmd "C:\usr\bin\vi.exe" or if VI is in your path you could just use --editor-cmd vi.
(I often use --editor-cmd notepad2, which is just located somewhere in my PATH dirs.)

        Bert