Re: How to split one repo into multiple repos?

Re: How to split one repo into multiple repos?

Erik Huelsmann-2
[ Please keep the conversation on-list. Others benefit from the
answers too, especially when searching the mailing list archive. Just
mentioning for next time. ]

> This means that I will have to handle all those dependencies manually.
>
> If yes, then I will prefer to archive the current repository and import
> only the HEAD into the new repositories.

Yes, you need to explicitly allow the tool to add a path to the
resulting dump stream.

bye,

Erik.

Re: How to split one repo into multiple repos?

Erik Huelsmann-2
>  >>This means that I will have to handle all those dependencies manually.
>  >>
>  >>If yes, then I will prefer to archive the current repository and import
>  >>only the HEAD into the new repositories.
>  >
>  >
>  >Yes, you need to explicitly allow the tool to add a path to the
>  >resulting dump stream.
>  >
>
> Is there any reason not to make this happen automatically?

Yes, the filter goes through all revisions one by one. Once. Any
copied-from paths will have to in the dump from their creation, but at
the time of processing that revision, we don't know if later revisions
will copy from it... iow: it's an ordering problem.

bye,

Erik.