Problems with svnmerge-migrate-history.py

Problems with svnmerge-migrate-history.py

Sarah Fernandezlopez
I can't seem to find much information on how to use this utility.  I tried just running it (assuming it would explain it's options), but got the following error:

ERROR: Unable to import Subversion's Python bindings: 'No module named svn.core'
Hint: Set your PYTHONPATH environment variable, or adjust your PYTHONSTARTUP
file to point to your Subversion install location's svn-python directory.

Seems self explainatory, except that I don't seem to have an svn-python directory anywhere.  I'm using SlikSvn and TortoiseSvn on the client (which is where I assume this should be run - though I can't find any documentation that says so).  I also have python25 installed.

Thank you.
Sarah

Re: Problems with svnmerge-migrate-history.py

Dustin J. Mitchell-3
On Friday, September 18, 2009, Sarah Fernandezlopez
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can't seem to find much information on how to use this utility.  I tried just running it (assuming it would explain it's options), but got the following error:
>
> ERROR: Unable to import Subversion's Python bindings: 'No module named svn.core'

I don't know much about windows SVN installs, but the python bindings
are only required for the migration script, not for svnmerge itself.
Can you run this migration on some other system?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com