Possibly dead link in community guide?

Troy Curtis Jr
Currently the link http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=132746 referenced in https://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/roles.html#committers results in a Tomcat error.  It may just be a temporary downtime issue, but I'm not sure so I though I'd point it out.

Troy

Re: Possibly dead link in community guide?

Branko Čibej
On 20.10.2017 05:44, Troy Curtis Jr wrote:
> Currently the link
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=132746
> referenced in
> https://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/roles.html#committers
> results in a Tomcat error.  It may just be a temporary downtime issue,
> but I'm not sure so I though I'd point it out.

The link works for me and ... I can't imagine what Tomcat would have to
do with it, since our site isn't served through Tomcat.

Re: Possibly dead link in community guide?

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Branko Čibej <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20.10.2017 05:44, Troy Curtis Jr wrote:
>> Currently the link
>> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=132746
>> referenced in
>> https://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/roles.html#committers
>> results in a Tomcat error.  It may just be a temporary downtime issue,
>> but I'm not sure so I though I'd point it out.
>
> The link works for me and ... I can't imagine what Tomcat would have to
> do with it, since our site isn't served through Tomcat.

It's the tigris.org link that isn't working, and indeed, I get an error too:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.sql.SQLException: General error message from server: "Incorrect information in file: './tigris/DSForum.frm'"
	com.collabnet.discussionservice.util.DSWebUtil.setDSLeftNavigationList(DSWebUtil.java:1096)
	com.collabnet.discussionservice.action.BaseDiscussionServiceAction.setDSLeftNavigationList(BaseDiscussionServiceAction.java:438)
	com.collabnet.discussionservice.action.BaseDiscussionServiceAction.execute(BaseDiscussionServiceAction.java:301)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	com.collabnet.adapter.ct.filter.CeeTemplateFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:75)
	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

I guess we should change that link to point to some of the other mailinglist archives (and escalate the error to tigris)?

On 20.10.2017 08:00, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Branko Čibej <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 20.10.2017 05:44, Troy Curtis Jr wrote:
>> Currently the link
>> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=132746
>> referenced in
>> https://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/roles.html#committers
>> results in a Tomcat error.  It may just be a temporary downtime issue,
>> but I'm not sure so I though I'd point it out.
>
> The link works for me and ... I can't imagine what Tomcat would have to
> do with it, since our site isn't served through Tomcat.

It's the tigris.org link that isn't working, and indeed, I get an error too:

Oh, sorry, I missed that part...

[...]

I'd just change it to point at svn.haxx.se, this seems to be the same message:
https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-11/0848.shtml

Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> It's the tigris.org <http://tigris.org> link that isn't working, and
> indeed, I get an error too:

The Tigris mailing list services have been down for a few weeks now. I
reported to Stefan Kueng (because TortoiseSVN was using Tigris mailing
lists actively), and then to C-Mike Pilato who has reported the problem
within CollabNet. They're having trouble fixing it.

Stefan Kueng has subsequently moved the TortoiseSVN mailing lists off
Tigris (to Google Groups, because conveniently they were already
mirroring their lists there so there was no migration effort needed).

> I guess we should change that link to point to some of the other
> mailinglist archives

Yes, if we can discover what it was referring to.

> (and escalate the error to tigris)?

No need, they know.

- Julian