Limit on Number of Users

Shamoon, Danial

Hi,

My team at work uses SVN to manage our software releases.  We recently added several users to the repository and now there seems to be a user-limit issue.  From what I’ve read on the forums, there does not seem to be a limit regarding number of users on SVN.  But our European team claims they have reached a maximum of 15 users and are now trying to inquire purchasing a license to extend that.  Can you please help shed some light on our issue and what I would need to purchase to resolve it?

Many thanks,

Danial Shamoon
Software Engineer

Mechatronics

Magna

750 Tower Drive

Mail Code 2000

Troy, Michigan  48098

OFFICE +1-248-631-1554

CELL +1-248-752-6447

[hidden email]

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the named addressee only and may be

confidential, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Unless you are the named addressee or are

authorized to receive the e-mail of the named addressee you may not disclose, use or copy the contents of the

e-mail. If you received the e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and then delete the e-mail. Magna

International does not accept responsibility for this message and any views or opinions contained in this

e-mail are solely those of the author unless expressly stated otherwise.

Re: Limit on Number of Users

Branko Čibej
On 17.10.2019 20:25, Shamoon, Danial wrote:

Hi,

My team at work uses SVN to manage our software releases.  We recently added several users to the repository and now there seems to be a user-limit issue.  From what I’ve read on the forums, there does not seem to be a limit regarding number of users on SVN.  But our European team claims they have reached a maximum of 15 users and are now trying to inquire purchasing a license to extend that.  Can you please help shed some light on our issue and what I would need to purchase to resolve it?

Subversion is open source and you're not required to pay anything to use it.

You must be using some commercial product that includes Subversion and has some sort of licensing scheme. You'll have to talk to the vendor of that product and also think carefully if what you get for your money (on top of Subversion itself, which is free) is worth the cost.

RE: Limit on Number of Users

Shamoon, Danial

I’m using These pages:

Do these come with the free version?  And thanks for your quick reply!

Re: Limit on Number of Users

Ryan Schmidt-12

On Oct 17, 2019, at 14:27, Shamoon, Danial wrote:

> I’m using These pages:
>
> <image002.jpg>
> <image003.jpg>
>
> Do these come with the free version?  And thanks for your quick reply!

No, those pages say "Subversion Edge" which is a separate product:

https://www.collab.net/products/subversion

The open-source free Subversion does not come with a web interface like that.

Re: Limit on Number of Users

Mark Phippard-3

On Oct 18, 2019, at 1:44 AM, Shamoon, Danial <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m using These pages:

<image002.jpg>

<image003.jpg>

Do these come with the free version?  And thanks for your quick reply!

SVN Edge is free and open source and has no limits on number of users.

You have not really shown any examples of where or how you are limited. It has to be some other product like an IDE or something.

Mark

Re: Limit on Number of Users

Nico Kadel-Garcia-2
On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 3:29 AM Ryan Schmidt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2019, at 14:27, Shamoon, Danial wrote:
>
> > I’m using These pages:
> >
> > <image002.jpg>
> > <image003.jpg>
> >
> > Do these come with the free version?  And thanks for your quick reply!
>
> No, those pages say "Subversion Edge" which is a separate product:
>
> https://www.collab.net/products/subversion
>
> The open-source free Subversion does not come with a web interface like that.

Subversion Edge is from CollabNet, who employ some core Subversion
developers and make a pretty good commercial product. If you need
commercial support, I'd talk to them. And for licensing help, I'd
certainly talk to them.