Large memory consumption

Алексей
Good afternoon!
In the case of CO, UP, and so on for large amounts of data, the target system starts to slow down considerably. The test showed that SVN starts consuming all available memory and more. I think it's because all the data pumped into RAM and then dumped on the hard drive, and the memory is not freed. You have to kill the process, make SVN CLEANUP, and then SVN UP to continue updating the repository.

--
Best Regards,
Krasikov Alexey,
тел:      +7 (999) 789-0-789
skype:  alexey_krasikov_1986

Re: Large memory consumption

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Алексей <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Good afternoon!
> In the case of CO, UP, and so on for large amounts of data, the target
> system starts to slow down considerably. The test showed that SVN starts
> consuming all available memory and more. I think it's because all the data
> pumped into RAM and then dumped on the hard drive, and the memory is not
> freed. You have to kill the process, make SVN CLEANUP, and then SVN UP to
> continue updating the repository.

Hi Alexey,

Reading everything into RAM during 'svn co' or 'svn up' should not be
happening. What version of svn are you using? And what protocol
(svn://, svn+ssh://, http:// or https://, or file://)?

Re: Large memory consumption

Johan Corveleyn-3
Forwarding to the list (Alexey, please use reply all to keep the list in cc).

Today I upgraded the SVN version to 1.9.3 (r1718519). The error persists. Memory is released only when the operation is complete.
I'm using the HTTPS protocol. The Lubuntu-LTE system (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1 ~ 16.04.4).
In an attachment screenshots

Вторник, 19 сентября 2017, 1:27 +03:00 от Johan Corveleyn <[hidden email]>:

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Алексей <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Good afternoon!
> In the case of CO, UP, and so on for large amounts of data, the target
> system starts to slow down considerably. The test showed that SVN starts
> consuming all available memory and more. I think it's because all the data
> pumped into RAM and then dumped on the hard drive, and the memory is not
> freed. You have to kill the process, make SVN CLEANUP, and then SVN UP to
> continue updating the repository.

Hi Alexey,

Reading everything into RAM during 'svn co' or 'svn up' should not be
happening. What version of svn are you using? And what protocol
(svn://, svn+ssh://, http:// or https://, or file://)?

Best regards!

2017-09-19-173430_1003x230_scrot.png (61K) Download Attachment
2017-09-19-181150_1006x286_scrot.png (74K) Download Attachment
2017-09-19-184529_1001x285_scrot.png (74K) Download Attachment
2017-09-19-190623_975x296_scrot.png (74K) Download Attachment