JDK 10 removal of javah

Andreas Stieger-2
Hello,

I was made aware by our Java package maintainer of the fact that JDK 10
is removing the javah tool, after the deprecation from JDK 8. Our javahl
stuff no longer builds and apparently the functionality is in javac now.

JEP 313: Remove the Native-Header Generation Tool (javah)
http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/313

Was anyone looking at this?

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <[hidden email]>
Project Manager Security
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: JDK 10 removal of javah

Branko Čibej
On 23.12.2017 16:30, Andreas Stieger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was made aware by our Java package maintainer of the fact that JDK 10
> is removing the javah tool, after the deprecation from JDK 8. Our javahl
> stuff no longer builds and apparently the functionality is in javac now.
>
> JEP 313: Remove the Native-Header Generation Tool (javah)
> http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/313
>
> Was anyone looking at this?

Not to my knowledge, and patches are always welcome. If javac has the
same functionality, it shouldn't be too hard to tweak the build system.

-- Brane