How do I include cvs2svn command line options into the options file?

How do I include cvs2svn command line options into the options file?

Bo Berglund
I am very confused about the vast difference between the cvs2svn
command line options and what is visible in he example options file...

When I run into trouble with a conversion some suggestions are printed
on the console but they all target adding something to the command
line, which I cannot do because I use an options file and then command
line options are prohibited.

And the options file syntax seems to be completely different from the
command line...

Please advice, I have read the documentation but it fails to mention
this at least where I have read.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Re: How do I include cvs2svn command line options into the options file?

Branko Čibej
On 08.12.2017 12:32, Bo Berglund wrote:

> I am very confused about the vast difference between the cvs2svn
> command line options and what is visible in he example options file...
>
> When I run into trouble with a conversion some suggestions are printed
> on the console but they all target adding something to the command
> line, which I cannot do because I use an options file and then command
> line options are prohibited.
>
> And the options file syntax seems to be completely different from the
> command line...
>
> Please advice, I have read the documentation but it fails to mention
> this at least where I have read.

When in doubt, use the source. This is where the command-line flags and
options from the file are merged:

http://cvs2svn.stage.tigris.org/source/browse/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/svn_run_options.py?revision=5027&view=markup

Re: How do I include cvs2svn command line options into the options file?

Bo Berglund
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 12:41:48 +0100, Branko ?ibej <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On 08.12.2017 12:32, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> And the options file syntax seems to be completely different from the
>> command line...
>>
>> Please advice, I have read the documentation but it fails to mention
>> this at least where I have read.
>
>When in doubt, use the source. This is where the command-line flags and
>options from the file are merged:
>
>http://cvs2svn.stage.tigris.org/source/browse/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/svn_run_options.py?revision=5027&view=markup
>
>-- Brane

Problem is I am a Pascal (Delphi) and embedded C programmer and have
no exposure at all to Python, except by using ready-made Python
systems sich as cvs2svn and the roundup issue tracker.
I could not decode Python code at all...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Re: How do I include cvs2svn command line options into the options file?

Nico Kadel-Garcia-2
On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Branko Čibej <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08.12.2017 12:32, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I am very confused about the vast difference between the cvs2svn
>> command line options and what is visible in he example options file...
>>
>> When I run into trouble with a conversion some suggestions are printed
>> on the console but they all target adding something to the command
>> line, which I cannot do because I use an options file and then command
>> line options are prohibited.
>>
>> And the options file syntax seems to be completely different from the
>> command line...
>>
>> Please advice, I have read the documentation but it fails to mention
>> this at least where I have read.
>
> When in doubt, use the source. This is where the command-line flags and
> options from the file are merged:
>
> http://cvs2svn.stage.tigris.org/source/browse/cvs2svn/trunk/cvs2svn_lib/svn_run_options.py?revision=5027&view=markup
>
> -- Brane

Or use the process of elimination. Use the simplest example version,
don't do *any* sophisticated options, only do the master, etc., to get
the simplest transformation. If that works at all, activate one simple
after another. And pub your changes to that file in a local source
control as you make changes! Even RCS on local files can be useful if
don't want to create a repo for such local development.