File timestamps?

Bo Berglund
I notice that if I do a svn co on a project all files will get a
timestamp as of the co time.
But if I do a svn export of the same project the files retain their
original timestamps (the time of commit of the file).
Is there some argument that can be applied to svn co to tell it to
keep the timestamps?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Re: File timestamps?

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I notice that if I do a svn co on a project all files will get a
> timestamp as of the co time.
> But if I do a svn export of the same project the files retain their
> original timestamps (the time of commit of the file).
> Is there some argument that can be applied to svn co to tell it to
> keep the timestamps?

There is a client-side configuration option for that: use-commit-times=true.
See the "use-commit-times" option in this section of the book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.confarea.html#svn.advanced.confarea.opts.config

Re: File timestamps?

Bo Berglund
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:08:14 +0100, Johan Corveleyn
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Bo Berglund <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there some argument that can be applied to svn co to tell it to
>> keep the timestamps?
>
>There is a client-side configuration option for that: use-commit-times=true.
>See the "use-commit-times" option in this section of the book:
>http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.confarea.html#svn.advanced.confarea.opts.config

Thanks,
I enabled the setting in my Subversion\config file and did a new
checkout of a module. Now I am getting the repo timestamps!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden