File storage

Sagar Parekh
Hi All,

I wants to use client server model for storing the files.
But do I need a physical server or files will be stored in SVN's servers.

I want your server to store the files and my computer will be just client.

Will that be possible with SVN? Any links for this?

Regards,
SagarĀ

Re: File storage

Ryan Schmidt-8

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 07:29, Sagar Parekh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I wants to use client server model for storing the files.
> But do I need a physical server or files will be stored in SVN's servers.
>
> I want your server to store the files and my computer will be just client.
>
> Will that be possible with SVN? Any links for this?

Subversion is software, not a hosting service.

There may be hosting services that offer Subversion hosting, but not on this mailing list.

Re: File storage

Eric Johnson-35
Also, possible to have a Subversion repository accessible with a file:/// URL, rather than using an http(s):// or other URL.

Perhaps that is an answer to your question, in the sense that no "server" is required? While that kind of arrangement might work for tracking individual work, sharing a "repository" with other people may not work as expected.

Unlike Git, the Subversion repository must be stored in a location other than the Subversion working copy. That other location, however, need not be on a separate server.

Eric.