Error: Could not access revision times

Mark Phippard-3
Anyone seen this error before?  This is in the Apache error logs and not sure what it means:

[dav:error] Could not access revision times. [500, #175002]

Searching at svn.haxx.se only finds the commit where the message was added.  I think it is happening for a user doing a checkout but I am trying to get the client side of this.

Re: Error: Could not access revision times

bahrep
Hello,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Mark Phippard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone seen this error before?  This is in the Apache error logs and not sure what it means:
>
> [dav:error] Could not access revision times. [500, #175002]
>
> Searching at svn.haxx.se only finds the commit where the message was added.  I think it is happening for a user doing a checkout but I am trying to get the client side of this.

Do you use something non-standard like SVNKit to access the
repositories via Apache?

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin
VisualSVN Team

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:16 AM Pavel Lyalyakin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Mark Phippard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone seen this error before?  This is in the Apache error logs and not sure what it means:
>
> [dav:error] Could not access revision times. [500, #175002]
>
> Searching at svn.haxx.se only finds the commit where the message was added.  I think it is happening for a user doing a checkout but I am trying to get the client side of this.

Do you use something non-standard like SVNKit to access the
repositories via Apache?

Yes, the user that got this error was using SVNKit.  I do not know if it was via Jenkins, Eclipse or something else and that is why I am not sure what the command was.  I asked to recreate using SVN command line so we could better understand what triggered it.

Re: Error: Could not access revision times

Daniel Shahaf-2
Mark Phippard wrote on Wed, 07 Nov 2018 08:20 -0500:
> Yes, the user that got this error was using SVNKit.  I do not know if it
> was via Jenkins, Eclipse or something else and that is why I am not sure
> what the command was.  I asked to recreate using SVN command line so we
> could better understand what triggered it.

To better understand what triggers the error we should patch subversion/mod_dav_svn/reports/dated-rev.c
to log the error that libsvn_repos returns there, and probably the
input date too.

It's a wild guess but perchance it's a 'svn co ${URL}@{DATE}' and the
binary search (to resolve {DATE} to a number) is failing due to authz?

Re: Error: Could not access revision times

Nathan Hartman

Or due to non-chronological commits? (Just another wild guess.)

Nathan Hartman wrote on Fri, 09 Nov 2018 09:27 -0500:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:24 PM Daniel Shahaf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It's a wild guess but perchance it's a 'svn co ${URL}@{DATE}' and the
> > binary search (to resolve {DATE} to a number) is failing due to authz?
> >

> Or due to non-chronological commits? (Just another wild guess.)

Might be commits without svn:date.

Non-chronological commits shouldn't result in an error; just in
a possibly-wrong answer.  (There might not _be_ a correct answer,
of course.)