Clarification on hot-backup.py usage

William Muriithi
Hello,

I am looking at using the script below for backup purpose and a bit at
a loss at how the script verify the backup.

For context, I am referring to the script below and the flag below.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/backup/hot-backup.py.in

 --verify           Verify the backup

My question is, what should be the verify directory?  Is it the source
directory on which the SVN server use for writing or is it the backup
directory? I am suspecting its the source as the backup directory is
already compressed.  Would this be correct?

Regards,
William

Re: Clarification on hot-backup.py usage

William Muriithi
Hello,

Just realized my problem.  One don't need to specify a directory for
verification. Would still be happy if someone can confirm if
verification is done on the source repo or  on the resulting hot
backup

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
William

On 6 October 2017 at 16:08, William Muriithi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking at using the script below for backup purpose and a bit at
> a loss at how the script verify the backup.
>
> For context, I am referring to the script below and the flag below.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/backup/hot-backup.py.in
>
>  --verify           Verify the backup
>
> My question is, what should be the verify directory?  Is it the source
> directory on which the SVN server use for writing or is it the backup
> directory? I am suspecting its the source as the backup directory is
> already compressed.  Would this be correct?
>
> Regards,
> William

Re: Clarification on hot-backup.py usage

David Chapman-10
(please don't top-post; it makes the thread hard to follow)

> On 6 October 2017 at 16:08, William Muriithi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am looking at using the script below for backup purpose and a bit at
>> a loss at how the script verify the backup.
>>
>> For context, I am referring to the script below and the flag below.
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/backup/hot-backup.py.in
>>
>>   --verify           Verify the backup
>>
>> My question is, what should be the verify directory?  Is it the source
>> directory on which the SVN server use for writing or is it the backup
>> directory? I am suspecting its the source as the backup directory is
>> already compressed.  Would this be correct?
>>
>> Regards,
>> William
> On 10/6/2017 1:16 PM, William Muriithi wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Just realized my problem.  One don't need to specify a directory for
>> verification. Would still be happy if someone can confirm if
>> verification is done on the source repo or  on the resulting hot
>> backup
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> William

It verifies the hot backup directory.

--
     David Chapman      [hidden email]
     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA
     www.chapman-consulting-sj.com

RE: Clarification on hot-backup.py usage

Bitkuri, Sridhar (CMA Consulting)
We are looking for enterprise level support for subversion. Can I get the contact details.

Appreciated.

Sridhar Bitkuri,
Middleware Architect and Administrator
NYSDOH Medicaid Data Warehouse Replacement & OHIP Data Mart Operational Support Contract
CMA Consulting Services | 11 Corporate Woods, Albany NY 12211
Mobile: 314-477-3738
Office: 518-649-4392