Checksum mismatch on checkout

Poorav Sheth
I have setup a new repository on a Windows 2000 workstation using ver 1.2.3.
I am also using the SVNService & TortoiseSVN. I am able to import files to
the repository without problems but when I try to do a checkout from another
Win2K workstation using svn, I get a checksum mismatch error message. The
odd thing is that it happens on random files and happens every time I try to
checkout.
I have deleted (using rmdir) the repository and recreated it but it makes no
difference.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Checksum mismatch on checkout

John Szakmeister
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 18:56, Poorav Sheth wrote:
> I have setup a new repository on a Windows 2000 workstation using ver
> 1.2.3. I am also using the SVNService & TortoiseSVN. I am able to import
> files to the repository without problems but when I try to do a checkout
> from another Win2K workstation using svn, I get a checksum mismatch error
> message. The odd thing is that it happens on random files and happens every
> time I try to checkout.
> I have deleted (using rmdir) the repository and recreated it but it makes
> no difference.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A checksum mismatch indicates one of two problems: a repository error
(something got corrupted) or a network error (something is munging the bits
on the line).  I imagine you're seeing the latter.

-John

Re: Checksum mismatch on checkout

Poorav Sheth
It is not a repository corruption since this is a new repository and I have
no problems checking out on the local machine. As for the problem caused due
to a network error, how can I find out if the network is causing it? Is
there a known problem with a Windows network? I have even disabled my
Symantec Anti-Virus but that has not made any difference.
Another thing was that when I run the check out, it would have a checksum
mismatch for one file and it would discontinue the check out. Then when I
run update, it fails on another file. Usually it is a pdf or a jar file.
Ultimately, it always fails on this one WAR (like JAR) file.

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 18:56, Poorav Sheth wrote:
 > I have setup a new repository on a Windows 2000 workstation using ver
 > 1.2.3. I am also using the SVNService & TortoiseSVN. I am able to import
 > files to the repository without problems but when I try to do a checkout
 > from another Win2K workstation using svn, I get a checksum mismatch error
 > message. The odd thing is that it happens on random files and happens
every
 > time I try to checkout.
 > I have deleted (using rmdir) the repository and recreated it but it makes
 > no difference.
 > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A checksum mismatch indicates one of two problems: a repository error
(something got corrupted) or a network error (something is munging the bits
on the line).  I imagine you're seeing the latter.

-John

Re: Checksum mismatch on checkout

Andy Levy
On 11/30/05, Poorav Sheth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is not a repository corruption since this is a new repository and I have
> no problems checking out on the local machine. As for the problem caused due
> to a network error, how can I find out if the network is causing it? Is
> there a known problem with a Windows network? I have even disabled my
> Symantec Anti-Virus but that has not made any difference.
> Another thing was that when I run the check out, it would have a checksum
> mismatch for one file and it would discontinue the check out. Then when I
> run update, it fails on another file. Usually it is a pdf or a jar file.
> Ultimately, it always fails on this one WAR (like JAR) file.

You would need your network admin to help look into the network issue.
 Is your hard drive in good working condition (no bad sectors, not on
the verge of a crash?) and does it have enough free space?  What if
you attempt from another computer on the network?  Use a different
physical drive in your computer for the working copy?

RE: Checksum mismatch on checkout

Leon  Zandman
> The odd thing
> is that it happens on random files and happens every time I
> try to checkout.

It could also be a virus. Have you looked at the difference between the
two files using a diff tool? What exactly has changed?

Greetz,

Leon Zandman

Re: Checksum mismatch on checkout

Poorav Sheth
I tried it from a different computer and it was able to checkout without any
problems. So what I did  was reinstall TortoiseSVN on the problem machine.
This seems to have fixed the problem. I do not know what was causing this in
TortoiseSVN.
Thanks Andy, John & Leon for all your help.

Re: Checksum mismatch on checkout

Poorav Sheth
I am seeing some really bizarre behavior. I thought that the "checksum
mismatch" errors that I was getting on checkout were resolved by
reinstalling TortoiseSVN, but they started reappearing. On further testing,
I noticed that these errors cropped up only when Firefox was open! It is
really weird since the repository I was checking out had nothing to do with
Firefox.
I have tested this numerous times. Any ideas?

h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;

b=q42TRrNDVQW8qaqmHyZ/5pUYeMwjcONUqnU7BeGQ0an6g6DYEyFO3FCbQ002eArieGR6VBb2FBWmwkURa97a5qVjzPpnhPunuUacrL0aGttj+KoRRC8O12GCNEFUA3/g5qsXFmqiakKAvnixH5HriSQVm60lsCLS9L6P56sh2so=

On 11/30/05, Poorav Sheth <[hidden email]> wrote:
 > It is not a repository corruption since this is a new repository and I
have
 > no problems checking out on the local machine. As for the problem caused
due
 > to a network error, how can I find out if the network is causing it? Is
 > there a known problem with a Windows network? I have even disabled my
 > Symantec Anti-Virus but that has not made any difference.
 > Another thing was that when I run the check out, it would have a checksum
 > mismatch for one file and it would discontinue the check out. Then when I
 > run update, it fails on another file. Usually it is a pdf or a jar file.
 > Ultimately, it always fails on this one WAR (like JAR) file.

You would need your network admin to help look into the network issue.
  Is your hard drive in good working condition (no bad sectors, not on
the verge of a crash?) and does it have enough free space?  What if
you attempt from another computer on the network?  Use a different
physical drive in your computer for the working copy?

Re: Checksum mismatch on checkout

markus27183
Try deleting all projects that reference the project you want to checkout as externals from your filesystem

This worked for me