Checksum error while checking out new project... Apache problem?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Checksum error while checking out new project... Apache problem?

Paolo Luigi Scala
Hello,
I’ve just installed a brand new SVN server (1.9.5) on a remote machine, with the idea of accessing the projects on it via WebDAV.
After the creation of a new svn project with svn import on a local directory tree, if I try to checkout the project I get errors like:

svn: E200014: Checksum mismatch for '/Users/paolo/svn_itc/myproj/htdocs/data_entry/css/backup/grid_title.gif':
   expected:  7228ec168e7c63f32f4b398eb1d288be
     actual:  eb68ca08cbd21b1029b5c10b6391d0d4

If I remove the file above, and try to checkout again, the process stops with the same error on another file.

I have the suspect this has something to do with the fact my project is a Web-based project containing php, jpg, gif files, which are all file types that Apache web server  ‘understands’: I fear that, because I’m connecting ti my svn server through the Apache module this might alter in some way those files. To reinforce my suspect, if I checkout a file which is a backup of a mysql database (plain text with .sql extension), it does not give the checksum error.

Thanks to everyone who would like to help me in some way.
Paolo


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Checksum error while checking out new project... Apache problem?

Ryan Schmidt-8
On Sep 7, 2017, at 12:00, Paolo Luigi Scala wrote:

> I’ve just installed a brand new SVN server (1.9.5) on a remote machine, with the idea of accessing the projects on it via WebDAV.
> After the creation of a new svn project with svn import on a local directory tree, if I try to checkout the project I get errors like:
>
> svn: E200014: Checksum mismatch for '/Users/paolo/svn_itc/myproj/htdocs/data_entry/css/backup/grid_title.gif':
>   expected:  7228ec168e7c63f32f4b398eb1d288be
>     actual:  eb68ca08cbd21b1029b5c10b6391d0d4
>
> If I remove the file above, and try to checkout again, the process stops with the same error on another file.
>
> I have the suspect this has something to do with the fact my project is a Web-based project containing php, jpg, gif files, which are all file types that Apache web server  ‘understands’: I fear that, because I’m connecting ti my svn server through the Apache module this might alter in some way those files. To reinforce my suspect, if I checkout a file which is a backup of a mysql database (plain text with .sql extension), it does not give the checksum error.
>
> Thanks to everyone who would like to help me in some way.

I think you'd better show us the relevant parts of your Apache configuration file.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Checksum error while checking out new project... Apache problem?

Paolo Luigi Scala
Hello Ryan, 
thanks for your reply; I followed this tutorial:
so, the only modification I’ve made to the Apache configuration has been adding the following snippet to /etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_svn.conf:
 <Location /svn>
     DAV svn
     SVNParentPath /home/svn
     SVNListParentPath On
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName “MyOrganization SVN Repository"
     AuthUserFile /etc/subversion/passwd
     Require valid-user
  </Location>

I tried to ssh the server on which I installed the svn but I discover now it’s unreachable from the outside of my organization (I started working here some days ago…), so I have to wait until tomorrow to give more information about Apache configuration.
Thanks for your reply anyway.
Paolo


On 7 Sep 2017, at 21:13, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 7, 2017, at 12:00, Paolo Luigi Scala wrote:

I’ve just installed a brand new SVN server (1.9.5) on a remote machine, with the idea of accessing the projects on it via WebDAV.
After the creation of a new svn project with svn import on a local directory tree, if I try to checkout the project I get errors like:

svn: E200014: Checksum mismatch for '/Users/paolo/svn_itc/myproj/htdocs/data_entry/css/backup/grid_title.gif':
 expected:  7228ec168e7c63f32f4b398eb1d288be
   actual:  eb68ca08cbd21b1029b5c10b6391d0d4

If I remove the file above, and try to checkout again, the process stops with the same error on another file.

I have the suspect this has something to do with the fact my project is a Web-based project containing php, jpg, gif files, which are all file types that Apache web server  ‘understands’: I fear that, because I’m connecting ti my svn server through the Apache module this might alter in some way those files. To reinforce my suspect, if I checkout a file which is a backup of a mysql database (plain text with .sql extension), it does not give the checksum error.

Thanks to everyone who would like to help me in some way.

I think you'd better show us the relevant parts of your Apache configuration file.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Checksum error while checking out new project... Apache problem?

Ryan Schmidt-8

On Sep 7, 2017, at 15:11, Paolo Luigi Scala wrote:

> Hello Ryan,
> thanks for your reply; I followed this tutorial:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Subversion
> so, the only modification I’ve made to the Apache configuration has been adding the following snippet to /etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_svn.conf:
>  <Location /svn>
>      DAV svn
>      SVNParentPath /home/svn
>      SVNListParentPath On
>      AuthType Basic
>      AuthName “MyOrganization SVN Repository"
>      AuthUserFile /etc/subversion/passwd
>      Require valid-user
>   </Location>
>
> I tried to ssh the server on which I installed the svn but I discover now it’s unreachable from the outside of my organization (I started working here some days ago…), so I have to wait until tomorrow to give more information about Apache configuration.

That looks reasonable. Are there any directives elsewhere that turn on special behavior for the file extensions you mentioned, like .php?


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Checksum error while checking out new project... Apache problem?

Paolo Luigi Scala
I’m unable to answer your question at the moment because I do not have access to the server until tomorrow morning; I’ll look at the main Apache config file asap. I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks,
Paolo
 

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 22:14, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> On Sep 7, 2017, at 15:11, Paolo Luigi Scala wrote:
>
>> Hello Ryan,
>> thanks for your reply; I followed this tutorial:
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Subversion
>> so, the only modification I’ve made to the Apache configuration has been adding the following snippet to /etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_svn.conf:
>> <Location /svn>
>>     DAV svn
>>     SVNParentPath /home/svn
>>     SVNListParentPath On
>>     AuthType Basic
>>     AuthName “MyOrganization SVN Repository"
>>     AuthUserFile /etc/subversion/passwd
>>     Require valid-user
>>  </Location>
>>
>> I tried to ssh the server on which I installed the svn but I discover now it’s unreachable from the outside of my organization (I started working here some days ago…), so I have to wait until tomorrow to give more information about Apache configuration.
>
> That looks reasonable. Are there any directives elsewhere that turn on special behavior for the file extensions you mentioned, like .php?
>
>