Can't get exclusive lock on NAS repo lock files after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra

Can't get exclusive lock on NAS repo lock files after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra

Julius Smith
I was cruising along great with my subversion repos on my NAS and my
working copies on Mac OS X Sierra, but after upgrading to High Sierra
I see this whenever I try to check something in:

> svn ci -m 'update'
svn: E000045: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E000045: Can't get exclusive lock on file
'/Volumes/Repos/SubversionRepos/svnr/scriptssvn/db/txn-current-lock':
Operation not supported

I have tried mounting the NAS using every filesystem format supported
(I have a QNAP Model TS-453 Pro), and the problem persists.

My next step is to move all the repos to an external hard drive and do
an "svn switch --relocate" on each one, but I thought I'd try this
list first to see if anyone has encountered the problem and found a
solution.

Thanks for any tips!
- Julius

Re: Can't get exclusive lock on NAS repo lock files after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra

Julius Smith
I must have overlooked something in my previous tests.  I got it
working using an nfs mount:

> mount
192.168.xxx.xxx:/SVNRepos on /Volumes/SVNRepos (nfs, asynchronous,
nodev, nosuid, mounted by me)

The failing mount protocols were SMB/CIFS and AFP.  I didn't try FTP.

- Julius

--
Julius O. Smith III <[hidden email]>
Professor of Music and, by courtesy, Electrical Engineering
CCRMA, Stanford University
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/

Re: Can't get exclusive lock on NAS repo lock files after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra

Nathan Hartman
On Jan 20, 2018, at 4:03 PM, Julius Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was cruising along great with my subversion repos on my NAS and my
working copies on Mac OS X Sierra, but after upgrading to High Sierra
I see this whenever I try to check something in:

svn ci -m 'update'
svn: E000045: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E000045: Can't get exclusive lock on file
'/Volumes/Repos/SubversionRepos/svnr/scriptssvn/db/txn-current-lock':
Operation not supported

I have tried mounting the NAS using every filesystem format supported
(I have a QNAP Model TS-453 Pro), and the problem persists.

Is your svn server process running on a different machine than the repo storage?

Did you try installing your svn server process on the NAS?

I am not familiar with your NAS but a quick google search brought this up: