ASSERT

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ASSERT

Mathias Feist

'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.9.7\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_client\cleanup.c'

line 227: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(dir_abspath))

 

Tried to update, error msg db file was missing. Followed advise to clean up, error msg db file was missing.

 

______________________________________________________________
ChessBase Schachprogramme Schachdatenbank Verlagsgesellschaft mbH Sitz der Gesellschaft: Osterbekstr. 90a - 22083 Hamburg
Telefon: 040-63 90 60 0 - Fax: 040 630 12 82
GF: Matthias Wüllenweber und Rainer Woisin HR Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 40336 UST-ID-Nr. DE 118644875 Finanzamt Hamburg-Nord - St.-Nr. 43/711/00488
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ASSERT

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Mathias Feist
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.9.7\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_client\cleanup.c'
>
> line 227: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(dir_abspath))
>
> Tried to update, error msg db file was missing. Followed advise to clean up,
> error msg db file was missing.

Hi Mathias,

Sorry for the late response, and thanks for reporting this. It's not
clear at the moment whether this is a bug in svn itself, or in
TortoiseSVN (by not correctly canonicalizing the input, before handing
it to the svn libraries).

Do you know if any strange input might be playing a role here? Is the
directory you're acting upon in some strange format, or ... ?
Also: what checkboxes did you have checked when running this 'cleanup'?
And another thought: if the working copy contains svn:externals
definitions, and you have the "include externals" checkbox checked,
maybe those externals are the culprit? Any strangely formatted
externals, or ...?

--
Johan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ASSERT

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Mathias Feist
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> the main reason why I reported this is because the dialog asked me to do it. ­čśŐ
>
> There are no svn:external definitions, just some svn:ignore. When I ran cleanup, I used the default settings. Most liekely the assert appeared because the db file really was missing, not by fault of svn. I didn't check that, though. I wanted to work on, just deleted the whole directory and checked out again. This was much faster than trying to solve the problem.
>

Hi Mathias,

I'm putting the list back in cc ... even if there is no further
followup, this provides some extra information to complete the thread.

I'm still puzzled though: you say "the db file was missing". Are you
referring to the file wc.db, which should be below the .svn directory
in your working copy root? How did you find out that it was missing?
The error message didn't talk about it. Did some process delete it, or
did you delete it yourself in an attempt to solve a problem? Or was
the entire .svn directory gone (in that case I'd expect TortoiseSVN
actions to not be available anymore, because it doesn't recognize it
as a working copy anymore)?

--
Johan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: ASSERT

Mathias Feist
Yes, I speak of wc.db. As I said, it was probably missing. But I didn't check and I don't know for sure. I tried to solve something unrelated to SVN and in this process I may have accidentally deleted it. The directory was still there and most likely all the other content, too.

Mathias

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Johan Corveleyn [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017 14:28
An: Mathias Feist <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: ASSERT

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Mathias Feist <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> the main reason why I reported this is because the dialog asked me to
> do it. ­čśŐ
>
> There are no svn:external definitions, just some svn:ignore. When I ran cleanup, I used the default settings. Most liekely the assert appeared because the db file really was missing, not by fault of svn. I didn't check that, though. I wanted to work on, just deleted the whole directory and checked out again. This was much faster than trying to solve the problem.
>

Hi Mathias,

I'm putting the list back in cc ... even if there is no further followup, this provides some extra information to complete the thread.

I'm still puzzled though: you say "the db file was missing". Are you referring to the file wc.db, which should be below the .svn directory in your working copy root? How did you find out that it was missing?
The error message didn't talk about it. Did some process delete it, or did you delete it yourself in an attempt to solve a problem? Or was the entire .svn directory gone (in that case I'd expect TortoiseSVN actions to not be available anymore, because it doesn't recognize it as a working copy anymore)?

--
Johan
______________________________________________________________
ChessBase Schachprogramme Schachdatenbank Verlagsgesellschaft mbH Sitz der Gesellschaft: Osterbekstr. 90a - 22083 Hamburg
Telefon: 040-63 90 60 0 - Fax: 040 630 12 82
GF: Matthias W├╝llenweber und Rainer Woisin HR Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 40336 UST-ID-Nr. DE 118644875 Finanzamt Hamburg-Nord - St.-Nr. 43/711/00488
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ASSERT

Johan Corveleyn-3
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Mathias Feist
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, I speak of wc.db. As I said, it was probably missing. But I didn't check and I don't know for sure. I tried to solve something unrelated to SVN and in this process I may have accidentally deleted it. The directory was still there and most likely all the other content, too.
>

Strange, because if I delete wc.db from a test working copy, and then
right-click the working copy in Windows Explorer, I don't get the
TortoiseSVN context menu for working copies ... i.e. TSVN doesn't see
it as a working copy. So I don't see how you can invoke the 'cleanup'
action from TSVN, if the wc.db file is not present.

--
Johan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ASSERT

Daniel Shahaf-2
Johan Corveleyn wrote on Tue, 17 Oct 2017 22:44 +0200:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Mathias Feist
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Yes, I speak of wc.db. As I said, it was probably missing. But I didn't check and I don't know for sure. I tried to solve something unrelated to SVN and in this process I may have accidentally deleted it. The directory was still there and most likely all the other content, too.
> >
>
> Strange, because if I delete wc.db from a test working copy, and then
> right-click the working copy in Windows Explorer, I don't get the
> TortoiseSVN context menu for working copies ... i.e. TSVN doesn't see
> it as a working copy. So I don't see how you can invoke the 'cleanup'
> action from TSVN, if the wc.db file is not present.

Matthias, please quote error messages verbatim.  Don't summarise or
translate them; just copy them as-is for us.  You can do that by
pressing Ctrl+C while the error message dialog box is focused.  (It's
possible that it's not wc.db that the message is referring to)

If you still have the exact error message, or if you saved the broken
working copy and can reproduce the exact error message, please share it.

It would be good to report this failure to the TSVN lists in case it's a
TSVN specific problem.